NBA All-Star Reserves Selected - Who Made It? Who Got Snubbed?
The league's coaches have voted, and now we have the All-Star reserves for the 2007 All-Star Game in Las Vegas. Each NBA coach had to vote for two guards, two forwards, one center and two flex players (any position). Fortunately for the Western Conference's top players, Suns coach Mike D'Antoni wasn't able to vote for his own players (no coach can vote for their own players)... otherwise we might have the Suns starting five on the bench in Vegas. Ok, maybe D'Antoni's not that greedy, but you have to admit that the Suns/Mavs each deserve a few All-Star players.
NBA All-Star Jerseys and Apparel are now available - Click here to order
The big winners were Phoenix, New Jersey, Washington, Houston, Miami, San Antonio and Detroit for getting 2 or more players on the All-Star team (starters or reserves). The Phoenix Suns led all teams w/ 3 selections, while each of the other teams were awarded w/ 2 All-Star. The Suns had the best record, so it's no surprise to see the players rewarded w/ an All-Star selection.
Your 2007 NBA All-Star Reserves, as selected by NBA coaches:
- Shawn Marion, Suns
- Amare Stoudemire, Suns
- Steve Nash, Suns
- Tony Parker, Spurs
- Carlos Boozer, Jazz (injured, to be replaced)
- Dirk Nowitzki, Mavs
- Allen Iverson, Nuggets
- Dwight Howard, Magic
- Jermaine O'Neal, Pacers
- Jason Kidd, Nets
- Vince Carter, Nets
- Richard Hamilton, Pistons
- Chauncey Billups, Pistons
- Caron Butler, Wizards
- Carmello Anthony - NBA's leading scorer not selected... probably the 1st time this has ever happened. It seems the coaches didn't appreciate Anthony's role in the Garden Brawl. He still has a chance to make it if commissioner Stern selects him.
- Other Western Conference snubs... Ray Allen, Elton Brand, Zach Randolph and Marcus Camby.
- Eddy Curry - The resurgent Knicks F/C deserves a spot there, above Jermaine O'Neal or Chauncey Billups.
- Other Eastern Conference snubs... Antawn Jamison (now injured 3-6 weeks), Michael Redd (injured), Joe Johnson (better player than Hamilton & Billups, but bad team record), Chris Paul (injured).
- Carlos Boozer and Yao Ming will be replaced w/ 2 other players (see snubbed players above).